Poached Peaches with Raspberry Compote, Crumble & Orange Crème Fraiche
Phil Thompson, Head Chef, Thompson @ Darcey’s
Ingredients for Poached Peaches
4 Peaches Halved and Stone Removed
500g White Wine
50g Peach Schnapps
1 Orange Juiced and Zested
1 Vanilla Pod
- Place the halved peaches into a deep oven proof dish.
- Bring all ingredients to the boil and pour over the peaches.
- Cover the dish with tin foil and place in a preheated oven at 180 C.
- Cook for 8 minutes and check if peaches feel soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool while still covered.
- Once cool the skin should easily peel away then cut into 4 wedges.
Raspberry Compote Ingredients
2 Punnets of Raspberries
Juice of Half a Lemon
- Put a pan on a high heat then add the raspberries sugar and juice.
- Cook as quick as possible till the raspberries begin to break down then remove from heat.
- Allow to cool before assembling dessert.
Orange Creme Fraiche Ingredients
500g Creme Fraiche
1 Orange Zested
1 Vanilla Pod (split seeds only)
Sugar (to your own taste)
- Mix together to combine adding the sugar if you feel you want to.
Shortbread Crumble Ingredients
- Rub all ingredients together to form a crumb.
- Spread on baking tray and cook at 160 c for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool and break up to a crumble.
Composition of Dessert
To Build the Dish Layer Up the Compote, Peaches, Creme Fraiche and Crumble as Desired in a Cocktail Glass or Bowl